Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Odyssey Character Exploration

Each partnership selected one character from The Odyssey and created a bubble map to describe the character. Textual references from the epic poem and the film were included in the frame of the bubble map to support the selected adjectives.

To fully bring your character to life for the class, you will share your bubble map, a physical sketch of your character, and one of the following pieces of writing about your character:

Option 1
Write a letter of recommendation for your character who is applying to Greek Hero Idol, a new reality show modeled after American Idol. Your letter should be at least two paragraphs long and detail how your character best exemplifies the ideal of the Greek hero.

Option 2
Write a who, what, when, where and how song. Each line is composed in the four-beat framework, and you should make some attempt at rhyming. Here's the frame--

Who, What, When, Where and How
Who, What, When, Where and How
Who, ____ ____ ____ _____
What, ____ _____ _____ _____
When, _____ _____ _____ _____
Where _____ _____ ______ ______
and How _____ _____ _____ _____

Option 3
Write the I am Frame poem that goes like this--

I am ________________
I know ______________
I think ______________
I feel _______________
I believe _____________
I am ________________

I am ________________
I wonder _____________
I always ______________
I intend ______________
I never ______________
I am _________________

No comments: